Sunday, September 12, 2010

Big Shot


“I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot... when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.” - Michael Jordan

This painting is 6 X 6 oil on hardboard. Please call me, email me, or click here if you'd like to buy this painting.

This is a fitting quote for today for a few reasons, namely the fact that it sums up this weekend's show perfectly. The Brandywine Festival of the Arts celebrated its 50th anniversary but only because of a lot of work by a guy named Barry Schlecker. The festival had been canceled last year under very dubious circumstances under investigation by the Attorney General. Barry got it up and running again and it was so successful people were treating him like he'd cured cancer.

The other reason? If you've been following the blog (you have been, right?) you know this is my first year exhibiting and the successes are worth all of the risks. The satisfaction I have in knowing that I've made a connection with somebody through art is incredible and the past two months have proven to me that I can make that connection. 

My last show is in New Castle, DE on September 25th. With the show season winding down I'll finally have time to start painting again.

No comments: