Monday, May 4, 2015

May 3rd, 6:30 AM

“…the highest duty of the writer, the composer, the artist is to remain true to himself and to let the chips fall where they may.” - President John F. Kennedy


Eight paintings in one day: that was my challenge to myself yesterday. I wasn't focused on the number, but to paint the entire day.

And I don't mean just paint all day, which I did, but to really pay attention and capture the day's changes in a succession of paintings. So, from sunrise until after sunset, I spent the day outside painting.

Each painting brought with it a little surprise, from the tree's changing color to the appearance, and then the disappearance, of flowers in the distance. A Delaware state trooper even showed up just long enough to make it into one. 

This is the first painting and it's from 6:30 in the morning. It's 5" x 7" oil on canvas panel. Please call me, email me, or click here if you'd like to buy this painting.

No comments: