Monday, December 20, 2010

The Tree in the Backyard

“There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast.” - Charles Dickens

If you're thinking that this house looks familiar it's because I've painted it before. The tree in the backyard creates some amazing drama in both the evening and morning. During the summer a couple asked me where I lived and they were surprised that I lived in such a small suburban Delaware town. They commented "Bear doesn't seem like it would be an artist's hot spot." My response? "Beauty is found where you choose to look."

This painting is 8" x 6" oil on canvas panel.
Please call me, email me, or click here if you are interested in this piece.

2 comments:

JanettMarie said...

This is great, the crescent moon in the sky is cool.

Jarrod said...

Thanks so much. It was tricky because the moon is so small compared to the house and I didn't want it to look like an accident.